Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Off to Lotte World!

     It was 5am when I woke up, thinking we should leave the house early for Lotte World. But my sleepy-head husband refused to get up until 1pm. So much for that whole day of fun. We left after we had a very late lunch and took the subway to Jamsil Station where the big amusement park is. Jamsil Station is directly connected to Lotte World, a huge indoor and outdoor amusement park with cinema, mall, restaurants, hotel, folk museum and ice skating rink.
     A replica of Trevi Fountain on our way to Lotte World amazed foreign tourists while a fountain with dancing LASER, just before the entrance, entertains the kids and their parents.

Replica of  Rome's Trevi Fountain

Dancing Laser Fountain

A kid checking out how the light works

    After some snacks at Lotteria, which is also inside the mall, we purchased tickets and entered the park.


Ready to dig into his Burger and fries


Entrance to the amusement park

     We went around and stopped by the souvenir shop with lots of Lotty and Lorry items.

souvenir shop
     The park is so big that there are lots of things to goof around with.








     I love those big clocks so I insisted on taking a pic with my husband/ photographer. 

My kind-hearted husband

   Korean Drama, Stairway to Heaven's famous carousel is also here, though I still can't believe that it's the same thing because it looked bigger in the drama.

The famous carousel from Stairway to Heaven drama
     On the other end of the park, opposite the carousel, is a stage where amazing Broadway-like performances entertain guests of all ages. If you think you'll just be wasting time if you stop to see them, you could be wrong.


     Just when I thought we're about to go back, my husband led me near the cosmetic and gift shops. Now I thought we're gonna go shopping! Instead he kept walking 'til we reached the other exit. And was I blown away by the view of the castle. I was speechless. It felt like I'm in Disneyland! I got so excited that I snatched the camera and started taking pictures of him and the castle.



     Inside are replicas of knight memorabilia.




     We took more pictures after having some sausages since we took a rain check on the scary-looking rides.



     The two-hour train commute back to Pyeongtaek almost starved us so we stopped at the nearby sundaekuk shop where an ahjumma served us each with rice and a big bowl of soup with sundae (a Korean sausage made of rice noodles and pig's blood), one of his favorite Korean foods. But not mine, though. The raddish and cabbage kimchi were good.

Big bowls for the tired and starved
kimchi, rice and sundaekuk

Sundae
     That late, big meal made us very sleepy so we headed back to the apartment right after.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment