Sunday, July 14, 2013

Valentine's Day in Korea

     Fish-shaped bread sold along the streets in South Korea makes me curious every time I see them in Korean dramas.  It was disappointing not to find one on my first visit back in 2012. Who'd have thought that I'd get some as Valentine's gift?! 
    My husband handed me a cute, white paper bag on the eve of Valentine's Day. "An advanced gift", he said. He always know how to make me smile.
     An ahjussi (old man/ uncle) opened his Bungeoppang shop just near our apartment. It's only 2,000 Won for 3 bungeoppangs. Finally, I got to see and sample them. They are actually waffles with bean paste filling, best consumed while still hot...perfect during winter.



cute bungeoppang wrapper

bungeoppang
     Everything sweet went up a few thousand Wons on February 14. I went to Daiso and M Mart to get something for my Chagiyah (sweetheart). This lovely picture frame card and chocolate lollipops caught my attention days ago. I just couldn't buy them in advance because he might see them before I get to give it to him.

picture frame card and "kyooti" chocolates

     I could hardly wait to surprise him! But I was just as surprised when he got home and got me another gift. Chocolates in heart-shaped box and more! 

sweets from my sweet!

     He told me later that the Atlas chocolates were from the ahjummas (old ladies) in the company. Oh, sweet ahjummas. They fancy my husband like a nephew.
     I didn't touch the chocolates until after 2 days. A day short of its first week on our desk, he noticed it wasn't Ferrero! Haha...


No comments:

Post a Comment